- Where to buy an Assouline product?
- Assouline products are principally sold on our e-commerce website Assouline.com and within our own store network around the world. You can visit our website to see the full list of our stores with opening hours and contact details in the STORES section.
- Assouline is also available for purchase in a variety of retailers in 77 countries around the world including: The United States, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates and China.
- Special editions are exclusively sold at the Assouline direct channels.
- If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our Client Services at 00 (+)1 212 989 6769 where one of our dedicated Client Service advisers will be happy to assist you.
- Where are Assouline products manufactured?
- Assouline titles are produced in Italy, Asia, and the United States.
- Manufacturing of our leather goods takes place in Italy and our furniture collection is made in the finest workshops in Spain.
- Limited and special edition items (books, furniture, leather goods) are manufactured in different countries around the world on a case by case basis.
- In all of these workshops, the choice of the finest materials, experienced craftsmen and the extreme care devoted to all manufacturing phases of our items perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement.
- How to personalize Assouline books?
- Assouline offers corporate gifting options to personalize the covers based on volume orders.
- How to place a special order?
- Upon request, for volume discounts, personalization, and specialty gifting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long can I keep items in my shopping bag?
- If you have already signed into your personal Assouline account, the items placed in your shopping bag are automatically preserved.
- Assouline cannot guarantee the future availability of the pieces placed in your Wishlist or your shopping bag.
- How do I order online?
- Once you have chosen your products, add them to your cart by clicking on "Add to Cart".
The order process has 4 stages:
1. You can register by creating your own Assouline account, using your email address and password. You can use this for future orders, to review previous orders, and to save items to your wishlist.
2. Fill in the delivery information: receiver’s name and address and select your delivery method.
3. Complete the payment information.
4. Review your order and submit it.
- Payment Security
- All transactions are secured. The Assouline website is provided with an SSL encryption system (built it to the Shopify fully hosted solution) to protect personal and payment data.
- Assouline does not keep any credit card information.
- The site will not fit my screen
- When using a desktop or a laptop, we recommend that you optimize your display configuration.
- To modify display settings on a PC, click on Start > Settings > Control Panel, then select “Display” and choose the “Settings” tab.
- To modify display settings on a Mac, click on Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays.
- Minimum requirements:
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Screen colors: 16 bits
- How do I stay informed about Assouline news?
You can register online to “Subscribe to Assouline News” by providing your email in the footer of any page of the website and you will be among the first to be informed on the latest products, events and news.
(Please note we do not ship to PO Boxes.)
- Order Processing
- Orders placed on regular business days before 2 p.m. GMT will begin processing on the same day. On other instances, orders will begin processing within 1 business day.
- For any order placed on holidays, Saturday or Sunday, processing will begin on the next business day.
- Sales Taxes and Duties
- For orders shipping to the US, local taxes, if applicable, will be added to your order at checkout as required by law in NY, CA and FL.
- Within the EU, prices displayed on the website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT).
- If you are shipping to any region outside of the US or EU, applicable duties will be charged at checkout.
- Time of delivery
- Items that are currently in stock will be shipped immediately. Orders placed before 2pm GMT Monday – Friday will be shipped the same day. Orders placed after 2pm GMT will be shipped the following business day. Shipping times will vary based on shipping destination but will range from 2-10 business days. Pre-orders will ship as soon as inventory becomes available. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot deliver to US Post Office boxes or US Military addresses such as APO/FPO.
- Returns policy
- If the content of your order is incorrect or arrives damaged, you are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price. To receive a refund, please contact the Assouline Customer Care Center at email@example.com with your order number to begin the return process. You must return your item(s) to us within 14 days of the delivery date and in the same condition you received it. Please note that we do not accept exchanges or substitutions for purchased items.
Assouline Publishing Inc.
Attn: Assouline Customer Service
3 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
On occasion Assouline issues promotional codes as a part of contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions which will provide a credit or discount towards a purchase on the website when redeemed at checkout. These codes are non-transferrable, and are available for use only by the intended recipient. Assouline reserves the right to cancel a promotion and/or reject a redemption of a promotional code. Promotional codes are subject to expiry at the discretion of Assouline. The email address provided at checkout must be the same as the email address to which the promotion was sent.
Promotions are eligible only on full-priced items, limited to one per transaction, and cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Promotional codes cannot be used on products from the "Ultimate" collection, new arrivals, special editions, special offer sets or on products which are considered objects.
Assouline is not responsible to any customer for any loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation, or withdrawal of a promotion. Assouline is not responsible for any failure or inability of a customer to use a promotional code for any reason.
- How to become a Wholesale Partner?
- To become a wholesale partner, fill in this form, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your company, with the city and country of location.
- How do I apply for a job at Assouline Publishing?
- If you’re looking for an employment opportunity with Assouline Publishing, please send all resume and cover letters to email@example.com and a team member will get back to you at their earliest convenience.
You can also submit your application by mail to:
ATTN: Employment Inquiry
3 Park Avenue, 27th Floor
New York, NY 10016
- How can I contact an author?
- For all press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some authors have email addresses, contact forms, or publicity addresses on their personal websites, which we may link to on the author's detail page. You may also write to an author in care of our press department, using the following address formats:
- I work for a media outline interested in covering an Assouline book. How can I request a review copy?
- Requests for Advance Reader’s Editions or books for reviewers or media must be made directly to the press department at Assouline Publishing, email@example.com and someone from the team will get back to you at their earliest convenience
This document focuses on information related to the operation of the public websites available at assouline.com and assouline.com sub-domains (each, a “Site”), including our online store.
COLLECTION AND USE: Assouline collects information about you through our Sites in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Assouline products and services, to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Site, and to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests.
Purchase and Login Information: If you pre-order or purchase Assouline products from our Site, we request that you provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. If you create a Assouline account, your name, billing and shipping address and the last four digits of your credit card information can be stored by Assouline. We do not collect or store your full credit card information. Our credit card processing service provider, Vantiv, will collect and store full payment card information from you, even as a guest user, when an order is placed until when it ships. If you create an Assouline account and elect to have payment card information saved, Vantiv will store your payment information.
Mailing List Information: You may choose to submit your email address via a submission form located on our Site or when you sign up for an Assouline account. Your email address may be used to send you news about Assouline-related services, surveys, products or promotions. We may use one or more service providers, including to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
Device Usage information: If you visit our Site and are logged into your Assouline account, we record the IP address you visit our Site from, and if you have a connected device, we record adjustments you make to the product through the website interface. We store this data along with your email address, information about your device, data collected directly by the device, a history of your device settings, and any other information we have collected about your use of Assouline products and services.
Online Tracking and Your Choices:
Website Use Information: Like many websites, we and our third-party partners analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our Site, including for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our Site’s webpages and with third-party links, traffic and usage trends on the service, etc. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our Site; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our website and products and services, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our Site, products, and services. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We also use third-party analytics tools (including Google Analytics) to assist us with analyzing and improving our service. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your device.
- Your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org).
Minors: Our Site does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
DATA SHARING: Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Assouline Products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your permission: We may share personal information when we have your permission. One example of this would be if you sign up for programs offered by our partners (e.g., energy or insurance companies). If you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. If you connect third-party devices and services to your Assouline Products through the Works with Assouline program, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Assouline will request your consent to these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time. When you use third-party services integrated with the Assouline Products, their own terms and privacy policies will govern those services.
- For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Assouline employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Assouline purposes. We also have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to video data.
- As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about energy use or elevated carbon monoxide levels in the home. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the Assouline community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share non-personal information with our partners, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services or other incentive programs. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Assouline or its service providers in the United States and other countries outside the European Union where our servers reside. As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
SECURITY: Assouline takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological methods to transmit and store your data securely. However, Assouline cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
RETENTION: Assouline generally stores your personal information on Assouline’s servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain an Assouline customer in order to provide you with Assouline Products. In addition, Assouline may store your personal information to resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND DATA TRANSFERS
International Visitors: The Assouline website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States and Canadian visitors as well as visitors from the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you agree to that transfer.
International data transfers: When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, including to the United States, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected. Assouline Publishing, Inc. complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–US Privacy Shield Framework (the “Privacy Shield”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal information from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to the United States. Assouline adheres to the principles contained in the Privacy Shield (the “Principles”).
Privacy Shield participants are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and other authorised statutory bodies. Under certain circumstances, participants like us may be liable for the transfer of personal information from the EU to third parties outside the EU. Learn more about Privacy Shield here.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area: If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether Assouline is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to Assouline’s processing of your personal information at any time. However doing so may impact your use of the Assouline Products and Services.
Applicable law may provide you with the right to request access to, (receive) port, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by Assouline. To protect your privacy, Assouline will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
If you have any questions or requests about your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-989-6769.