FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (staging link)
- In light of the evolving global situation, our fulfillment center is taking the necessary precautions to ensure health and safety.
- Please be advised how this can affect the timing of your order.
- We strive to ship orders placed before 1pm Monday-Friday the same day, however we occasionally experience delays in order processing due to the above precautions. In the event of future restrictions and delays, please allow up to 48 hours for your order to ship.
- Please be advised shipping carriers worldwide are experiencing occasional service delays, which may affect the delivery of your order.
- Orders placed after 1pm, weekends, or holidays (ex: Memorial Day) will ship the next business day as possible but may take up to 2 business days.
Where can I purchase Assouline products?
- Assouline products are principally sold on Assouline.com and within our own store network around the world. To see a full list of our stores with opening hours and contact details, please visit our store locator page.
- Assouline is also available for purchase in a variety of retailers in 77 countries around the world including:
The United States, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, and China.
- Special editions are sold exclusively at the Assouline direct channels.
Which products are available for purchase on Assouline.com?
- Assouline.com offers products across all categories including books, notebooks, bookstands, accessories, and stationary.
- Each product is labeled with the following availability: Available, Pre-Order, Coming Soon, Out of Stock.
- Products available for immediate purchase will ship the same day if ordered by 1pm EST. Orders placed on the weekend or during an observed holiday will ship the next operating business day.
What are Pre-Order items?
- Pre-Order items are products that can be purchased in advance. Estimated time frames are indicated on the product detail page and may take several weeks, potentially arriving sooner or later than estimated. You may at any time cancel your pre-ordered item in the event it has not shipped.
- For assistance and updates on your Pre-Order, please contact us.
What if an item isn’t available?
- If an item you are interested in is not available for purchase or pre-order, you can request an “Email Me When” notification. Once the item is available, we will email you immediately.
- Please also signup for our newsletter for the latest product news including back in stock notifications.
Where are Assouline products made?
- Assouline titles are produced in Italy, Asia, and the United States.
- Manufacturing of our leather goods takes place in Italy and our furniture collection is made in the finest workshops in Spain.
- Limited and special edition items (books, furniture, leather goods) are manufactured in different countries around the world on a case-by-case basis.
- In all these workshops, the choice of the finest materials, experienced craftsmen and the extreme care devoted to all manufacturing phases of our items perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement.
How do I care for an Assouline book?
- As our books are delicate objects handcrafted with the finest silks, cottons, linens, papers, and other exquisite materials, to preserve its quality and lasting beauty for future generations, the following care guidelines are recommended:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and high temperatures — Although Assouline books are laminated with a UV coating to ensure longevity, they are crafted with organic materials that will deteriorate if not cared for properly. Exposure to direct sunlight will cause discoloration, and high temperatures will break down the binding. While storage in a dark room is fine, take care to ensure it is not too humid or damp, as exposure to moisture will lead to degradation in the paper, and warp the boards and paper.
- Avoid direct exposure to water, oils, and other liquids — It’s best to keep away any liquids, oils or perfumes, for if they come into contact with the book, its slipcase or clamshell, they may remove ink or color; wrinkle pages or tip-on photographs; or lead to discoloration, warping, or further damage.
- Store your books upright with adequate room to breathe — To ensure their lasting quality, Assouline books should be stored vertically, never diagonally, on a shelf beside a supportive book-end, wall, or other book, while taking care to ensure there’s enough space so as to avoid any friction that could cause damage to the delicate exterior.
- Routine upkeep — As accumulating dust can encourage mold and mildew growth, a regular dusting using a soft paintbrush away from the shelf is encouraged to preserve the pages and spine.
What are the terms and conditions for the private Versailles tour?
- Each purchase of the limited edition of Versailles: From Louis XIV to Jeff Koons (Special Edition) includes a private tour of Versailles led by a curator of the palace and features an exclusive look at rooms not open to the public.
- Terms and conditions:
- Tour is only valid through 2022
- The tour is open only to the person who purchased the book and one (1) guest
- The 90 minute tour is offered in English, French, Spanish and should be scheduled 3-4 weeks in advance
- Upon purchase of the book, a member of the Assouline Customer Service team will connect you with the booking manager at Versailles to arrange the tour
ORDERS & PAYMENT
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Assouline accepts the following forms of payment for online purchases:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Shop Pay
- Assouline US Gift Card
Will I be charged sales tax?
- Local taxes, if applicable, will be added to your order as required by law in NY, CA and FL.
- International orders could be subject to import taxes, custom duties and fees once the shipment arrives at its destination. The recipient is responsible for such charges, and the charge can vary from country to country.
Does Assouline offer payment plan options?
- Assouline has partnered with Shop Pay to offer pay in four interest-free installments.
- To make a purchase using this option, please choose Shop Pay at time of checkout.
Can I use multiple forms of payment?
- At this time, we only accept one form of payment per order.
Can I cancel or modify my order?
- We will honor an order cancelation or modification within thirty minutes after receiving your order confirmation.
- To modify your order, please contact us.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
What shipping options are available?
|Shipping Method||Estimated Delivery|
|FedEx Ground||3-7 business days|
|FedEx 2nd Day||2 business days
(if ordered by 1pm EST)
|FedEx Overnight||1 business day
(if ordered by 1pm EST)
|FedEx International Economy||7-15 business days|
|FedEx International Priority||5-10 business days|
- Free on orders over $200
- Most orders shipped via Standard Service are processed and shipped in 1 - 2 business days, depending on product availability.
- Most Standard orders are delivered within 5 business days from the order's ship date.
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes.
- 2nd Day orders placed by 1pm EST will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability. 2nd Day orders placed after 1pm EST will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Orders shipped via 2nd Day Service are delivered within 2 business days from the order's ship date.
- Orders destined for U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO locations are not eligible for 2nd Day Service.
- Overnight orders placed by 1pm EST will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability. Overnight orders placed after 1pm EST will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Orders shipped via Overnight Service are delivered within 1 business day from the order's ship date.
- Orders destined for U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO locations are not eligible for Overnight Service.
- Most orders shipped via International Service are processed and shipped in 1 - 2 business days, depending on product availability.
- Most International orders are delivered within 7 business days from the order's ship date.
How can I track my order?
- Once your item(s) have shipped you will receive a confirmation email where you will find a link to track your order. In order to check the status of your shipment just click on the link, here you will also have the option of opting in for text updates.
- If you need further assistance tracking your package, please contact FedEx directly at 1-800-GO-FEDEX and provide your tracking number.
Can I modify my shipping address?
- If you need to modify your shipping or delivery information after your order has been placed, please contact us as soon as possible. Shipping information, including delivery address, cannot be modified once the order has already been shipped.
- Please note, shipping and delivery information for orders purchased through PayPal may not be modified once the order has been submitted.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
What is your online return policy
- If the content of your order arrives damaged, or is incorrect, you are eligible for a refund or replacement delivery (pending availability). If you received a damaged item, please email us with your order number, details of the damage and photos if possible.
- If you wish to return your order for any other reason, we allow returns for exchange or merchandise credit only within 14 days of delivery. No refunds. Please note you will be responsible for the return shipping cost. Please email us to begin the return process. Items must be returned in the same condition in which they were received and within 14 days of the delivery date. Exchanges and credit are applicable only at the original point of purchase.
Can I return an item I bought online to an Assouline store?
- Assouline stores do not accept returns from purchases made online.
Are delivery charges refundable?
- Any original shipping charges incurred at the time of purchase are non-refundable.
Does Assouline offer gift wrapping?
- Yes, we offer signature gift wrapping on all our books. When this option is selected, books are wrapped in a special white matte gift wrapping paper – sourced specifically by the Assouline family and sealed with the brand’s signature wrap seal for the final touch of luxury. You also have the option of including a personalized message during checkout.
- Complimentary gift wrapping is available on the Ultimate Collection.
How do I add gift wrapping to an item?
- You may add signature gift wrapping on the product detail page or on the checkout page by clicking on the Gift Wrap option.
Can I return or exchange an item gifted to me by someone else?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow returns or exchanges on gifted items.
Does Assouline offer corporate gifting?
- Assouline offers corporate gifting options to personalize the covers based on volume orders.
- For volume discounts, personalization, and specialty gifting, please email us.
Where can I purchase an Assouline gift card?
- Gift cards can be purchased at our retail locations only.
- Gift cards purchased in the US are only valid for purchases at our US Assouline boutiques our Assouline.com.
- The Maison Assouline London Gift Card is only valid for purchases at our Piccadilly boutique.
- The Assouline Paris Gift Card is only valid for purchases at our Paris boutique.
Do gift cards expire?
- Gift Cards have no expiration date. The balance of the Card cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, except as required by law. Assouline will not replace lost, stolen, misplaced or damaged Gift Cards.
What currencies can be used to purchase gift cards?
- Gift Cards may be purchased with no fees in the following currencies:
US Dollars (USD $)
British Pounds (GBP £)
Euros (EUR €)
How to become a Wholesale Partner?
- To become a wholesale partner, fill in this form, or contact email us with the name of your company, with the city and country of location.
How do I apply for a job at Assouline?
How can I contact an author?
- For all press inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Some authors have email addresses, contact forms, or publicity addresses on their personal websites, which we may link to on the author's detail page. You may also write to an author in care of our press department, using the following address formats:
I work for a media outline interested in covering an Assouline book. How can I request a review copy?
- Requests for Advance Reader’s Editions or books for reviewers or media must be made directly to the press department at Assouline Publishing, firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the team will get back to you at their earliest convenience.